Apex Middle School
400 East Moore Street
Apex, NC 27502
Lots of Important Musical Information!!!!
We are 2 weeks away from show time and lots is going on!!!! Please read through the information below carefully and please let me know if you have any questions. There are lots of link and sign-ups!!!
- SATURDAY REHEARSAL: Please be at school by 9am with all costumes! The morning will be spent finalizing costumes, props, lighting, staging, sets, special effects. All cast and crew are needed. Lunch (pizza) will be provided by BAMCAT at 11:30 but bring an extra snack if you’d like. After lunch, the rehearsal portion will begin. If you are unable to attend (and haven’t already let Mr. Sweet know via email or green sheet) please let us know ASAP. This is a very important rehearsal as it will be the first time all the technical things are added into the show.
- CAST BIOS: All cast members are required to submit a short bio that will accompany their headshot. These will get posted in the lobby of the auditorium during the show. Headshots will be taken on Saturday. Bios are past due!! Of the 67 cast members, only 5 have been submitted. I will admit to not doing my daughters’ yet either!!! Link is here: http://bamcat.org/musical/
- Next week rehearsals: Monday (3-5), Tuesday (3-8), Wednesday (3-5), Thursday (3-5) There is a parent from the Waterford Green subdivision looking to carpool. If anyone is interested, please let me know and I will put you in contact with them.
- TUESDAY 4/12 REHEASAL & POTLUCK: This rehearsal will run until 8pm. Mr. Sweet is planning to do the show 2x so that all the double cast roles get a chance to do a full run-through. A yellow sheet from Mr. Sweet was sent home with potluck requests. Please use this as a guideline. If you are unable to bring your assigned item, it is fine to bring something else. We’ll especially be in need of main dishes, so for any of you who love to cook, we’d appreciate your cooking! We are feeding almost 100 kids between cast & crew. I have created a sign-up genius to keep track of what is coming in so please go ahead and sign-up: http://www.signupgenius.com/
- CONCESSION SIGN-UPS: The primary fundraising activity during the AMS annual musical is the concession stand during the performance. In order to make this successful, we are counting on your donations. We’d like each family to donate at least one item to the concession stand or make a monetary contribution towards the purchase of concession items. More information can be found on the sign-up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/
- PERFORMANCE & REHEARSAL VOLUNTEERS: A lot of helpers are needed for the final Saturday dress rehearsal (4/16) and during the performances to keep things running smoothly. Please take a look and sign-up where you are able. http://www.signupgenius.com/
- TICKET SALES: Tickets will cost $7 and will be on sale starting at rehearsal on 4/16. They will also be available Mon 4/18, Tues 4/19 and Wed 4/20 in the AMS cafeteria during lunchtimes. Tickets will also be available at the box office ½ hour prior to show time. Look for a ticket form next week on the BAMCAT Website. (a reminder will be sent when it’s available.)
Thanks so much for all you support during these final weeks!! The kids have been working so hard and the show is going to be great!!!